Asha Stanford invites you to our annual welcome dinner at the Havana Room in the Graduate Community Center from 6:30pm-8:00pm this Saturday, October 1st. This event is for anyone on campus, not just new students!
We’re honored to have our project partner Kuldeep Dantewadia (Founder, ReapBenefit) with us to talk about his work on solving civic & environmental problems by engaging youth using technology. Kuldeep is an Ashoka Fellow, was featured in Forbes India 30 under 30 and is also an MIT GSW Fellow.
1. We are both an on-campus student group and a chapter of the Asha for Education non-profit organization.
2. Our group is fun and diverse, with members of all ages and from different walks of life. The defining aspect of our community is a focus on social issues in India.
3. We regularly host speakers working at the grassroots level, like P Sainath, Prashant Bhushan or Balaji Sampath, to give us a new perspective on the multi-faceted problems facing India.
4. Several members actively engage with NGOs working in India to help lead an impact.
5. Finally, we organize fundraisers whose proceeds go towards these projects– we’re responsible for the popular Asha Stanford Holi!