Asha Stanford invites you to our annual welcome dinner at the Kennedy Commons Great Room from 6pm-8:30pm this Saturday, September 26th. This event is for anyone on campus, not just new students! Please distribute widely.
About Asha Stanford:
- We are both an on-campus student group and a chapter of the Asha for Education non-profit organization.
- Our group is fun and diverse, with members of all ages and from different walks of life. The defining aspect of our community is a focus on social issues in India.
- We regularly host speakers working at the grassroots level, like P Sainath, Piya Sorcar or Ravi Kuchimanchi, to give us a new perspective on the multi-faceted problems facing India.
- Several members actively engage with NGOs working in India to help lead an impact.
- Finally, we organize fundraisers whose proceeds go towards these projects– we’re responsible for the popular Asha Stanford Holi and are gearing up for a fun-filled Dandiya event next month, so stay tuned for details about that and let us know if you’re interested in helping!